Prestwich Village Neighbourhood Forum
Working towards a better Prestwich Village
Important! Give your feedback on the revised plans to redevelop the Longfield Centre by the 8th October 2023
New: Its important you see the revised plan for the regeneration of Prestwich as it looks radically different to the previous plan
Monday 25th September 6:30pm – ‘Your Prestwich | Live Online Q&A’ – You have to register for this event in advance
- ‘YourPrestwich‘ has launched the second community conversation on it’s plans to redevelop the Longfield Centre
- YourPrestwich is the body getting feedback from the community on the proposed plans on behalf of Bury Council and Muse (the developers on the project)
- Please visit their site here: https://yourprestwich.com/have-your-say/ in order to see how you can find out the plan and provide feedback to them
- It appears that again, the consultation period is disappointingly very short and will conclude on the 8th October
- Their proposals can be seen here: Facebook and Instagram (click on the relevant link to go to their sites)
We are developing a Neighbourhood Plan for Prestwich
We are a group of local residents who have used the ‘Localism Act’ to establish a ‘Neighbourhood Forum’ that will help develop Prestwich in the way that residents and local business want.
We will work with residents to create what is called a ‘Neighbourhood Plan’ – you can read all about what a Neighbourhood Plan is here: UK Govt – Neighbourhood planning (the link opens in a new tab in your browser)
The Neighbourhood Plan will take time to deliver, we are told typically 18 months or longer is the minimum it usually takes. During this period we will collect ideas, share information with you all about what we are doing but also what we learn about the wider developments across Manchester such Manchester’s future transport strategy so that we can see how this effects Prestwich.
You will also be aware that the Longfield Centre is being redeveloped. Although the Neighbourhood Plan will not be ready in time to influence this redevelopment, we will share with you the redevelopment plans that we become aware of and advise on how you can give feedback to the Council and the developers on their proposed plans.